Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created over at the wonderful Broke and the Bookish where every Tuesday, Top Ten things of anything from movies, tv, books, and anything in between are listed. Today’s Top Ten things are:
♥TOP TEN BLOGGING CONFESSIONS♥
1. At any given time I could be reading up to four books at one time. I can’t help it.. I could be reading one and something I’ve been waiting for gets release (Madeline Sheehan’s UnBeloved) and I just have to set my current read aside for a moment to at least start that other book. This happens quite often!
2. If I’m in the market for an actual REAL book (paperback, etc.) I totally shop at Half Price Books. I can’t help it… I’m a cheapo! Besides… the used ones are so much better. Sometimes you’ll even find notes and dog-ears in them!
3. I totally love the smell of a real book. Sometimes my husband will catch me with my sniffer tucked in the buttcrack of a book… Of course he already thinks I’m crazy, but this just solidifies it. There’s nothing better than the smell of paperback!
4. I’ve never read the Twilight series… there.. BOOM… I said it. I never had the desire to pick any one of those books up and read them. I’m not much of a YA book reader. I’ve seen all the movies only because my bestie drags me along with all of her Twilight groupies to the openings!
5. I hate cliffhangers… UNLESS… the next book is out and ready for me to read. I know, I’m a dork… but hell, if I have to wait a year for the next one, then I’m going to be pissed! In fact, I’ve collected a few of JR Wards Black Dagger Brotherhood to read because of that fact. Now I can sit down and read the last three books in the series uninterrupted!
6. My TBR pile is HUGE! I have books on my Kindle, books in my bedroom, hell, I think I have at least one book in every room of my house. I think my goal is to have enough so that my house smells like a library when you walk in it… shhhhhhh, don’t tell the hubs… teeheehee!!!
7. I hate to write reviews. Now lemme explain this one… I don’t hate the review itself, I hate the actual writing of it. I believe in reviewing everything I read (completely) and I feel I owe it to the author to tell them my likes and dislikes, but I hate baring my soul over a book. I feel like my reviews won’t do the book I’ve just read justice… I guess I kinda know how an author feels when they reveal their work to us in hopes that we’ll all like it.
8. I usually only read the one and two star reviews on a book. Most times these reviews are people that haven’t even finished the book and shouldn’t be reviewing the damn thing to begin with, but sometimes there are some really good ones that actually make me WANT to read it. I can’t stand when someone will leave a one star review because the book was “too vulgar” or “too dirty” after the author had (plain as day) put a **Warning disclaimer** right in the beginning to tell you this. Hello, don’t read the fucking book then ya jerks!!!
9. I have the Kindle App on every electronic devise I own. My hubs doesn’t know this… so when I’m starring at my phone while I’m suppose to be socializing I just let him think I’m reading a text message or looking something up, when in all actuality, I’m reading the book I was just reading on my tablet.. .bwahahahahaha
10. I would sell my body and soul to get inside some author’s heads… Some of those would be Chelle Bliss, Pam Godwin, JR Ward, and Kresley Cole. I mean, how do these bitches come up with these storylines? Holy hell… I want to live in some of these stories, get lost, and never return to real life!