Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created over at the wonderful Broke and the Bookish where every Tuesday, Top Ten things of anything from movies, tv, books, and anything in between are listed. Today’s Top Ten things are:
Top Ten Favorite Movies or TV Shows
I’m totally counting down on this one…. starting with…
10. PRETTY IN PINK… I’m a sucker for a John Hughes film any day. I could be in the middle of collecting my lottery winnings and if this came on, I’d have to tell the lottery peeps to hold on until this movie is over!!! Duckie, Claire, and Blaine… I just love this cast!
9. THE SOPRANOS… God I love Tony Soprano…. I’ve always love mobster movies and shows… Give me Godfather, Scarface, or Goodfellas any day of the week! I was uber sad to see the show come to an end!
8. A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN… Whoa… this is one of the best chick flicks around… every time I see it on, I can’t help myself… doesn’t matter where I’m at or what I’m doing, I’m sitting my ass down to watch this or whatever is left of it.. That part where they sing that song… “We are the members of the all American team, we come from cities near and far. We got Canadians, Irish ones, and Swedes, we’re one for all, we’re all for one, we’re all American!” I’ll be singing that damn song all day now!!!
7. SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS… Ok… I’m a dork… but seriously folks, this show if effin’ hilarious. I love the entire cast… Spongebob, Patrick, Mr. Crabs, Squidward, Sandy, Plankton, and the rest of the crew. I soooo want to visit Bikini Bottom!!!
6. WEIRD SCIENCE… Oh man… Gary, Wyatt, and Liiiisssaaaa!!! This movie is all kinds of funny! She’s alive… ALIVE!!! Where else can you make a woman with a barbie doll, a computer, and bras on your head!! You gotta love Wyatt’s brother Chet… “How ’bout a nice greasy pork sammich served in a dirty ashtray!” and Gary’s response… “He’s an asshole… look at his haircut, anyone with a haircut like that, you know he’s an asshole!” LOL!!
5. SIX FEET UNDER… It’s been a long time since I’ve seen this show as it went off the air very gracefully back in 2005, but I’ll seriously never, I MEAN NEVER forget the Fisher Family. Nate, David, Claire, and the rest… I could not wait for this to come on every Sunday on HBO… It will always be part of my top 10!
4. PLANES, TRAINS, AND AUTOMOBILES… John Candy is and always will be my all time favorite actor…. I’ll watch anything with him in it.. Uncle Buck, The Great Outdoors, Summer Rental… and the list goes on and on. One thing that makes me crack up and I can recite word for word is the scene at the airport when Neal Paige and Dell Griffith are looking for a flight and there’s no hope… Dell turns to Neal and says, “We’d have better luck playing Pickup Stix with our buttcheeks then we would trying to get a flight on of here tonight!” So. Damn. Funny!
3. TRUE BLOOD… Goddamn it, give me Vamps, Werewolves, and Fairies and I’m all set!! I’m so sad to see it ending and I’m a little pissed that this show is ending and it hasn’t even cover half of what’s in the books. Yep, I read them… I started this journey out in love with Bill and I ended up in love with Eric… who knows, Bill may steal my heart again! I’m dreading the ending, I’ll be in a True Blood coma for at least a week!
2. ABOUT LAST NIGHT… Oh boy, back to the 80’s!!! Danny, Debbie, Joan, and Litko! What an awesome movie and a superb soundtrack! I have seen this movie (no joke) like 500 times! It’s set in one of my favorite cities of all times, Chicago! It’s got everything you need to have a complete movie… Sex, friendship, love, fighting, and just plain old life! “You had love, I gave you love, but you asked me to leave and I left.”
1. GAME OF THRONES… Holy freakin’ hell… I can’t even imagine my life before this show. I want to read the books, but they’re like over 1000 pages each. That’s a huge commitment. Not sure if I can commit right now! I am in love with just about every character in this show… with the exception of Cersei Lanister.. that bitch has got to go and if and when she does, it needs to slow and torturing!!